I’m a firm believer that when negative things start to happen (when things were seemingly going well) it’s because the universe is up to something. I read this article called 3 Reasons God Allows Bad Things to Happen in Your Life and it made a lot of sense.
Reason #1 – To Change Your Character: ” Talk to the most successful people in life and they’ll tell you that they changed for the better when they faced adversity.”
Reason #2 – To Prepare You For Bigger Plans: What God has for your life you couldn’t even imagine. I try to remind myself of that when I get caught up in the ways of the world.
Reason #3 – To Save Your Life: Have you always made the best decisions in your life? I know I haven’t, a situation I experienced yesterday was the motivation for this post. I made a VERY bad decision in my past and due to some lapses in judgment it’s coming back to haunt me. I will NEVER do what I did again. Lesson learned.
Just before a breakthrough in your life, things will often break down.
For those of you that are Christians, think about how many people in the bible weathered the toughest storm before they received Gods grace and salvation.
We really are in a time similar to David in 1 Samuel 30. David had numerous prophetic promises and had been anointed to be the next king but Saul, the current king, was trying to kill him.
As we do something new, there will be opposition from those who do not understand. David’s breakthrough happened after what did not look much like a blessing at all. In fact, it came after a tremendous amount of loss (1 Samuel 30:6).
“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18 NIV. Source*
If you’ve recently experienced any of these things more than likely you are close to your breakthrough:
- When you feel like changing your goals: Sometimes things are going to get so tough you’re going to question whether or not you even still want to go after your goals or if they are realistically attainable. They are! You can be ANYTHING you want as long as you put in the work for it. I’m also a firm believer that if something doesn’t work out its because you’re due for something much better.
- When people turn their backs on you: Unfortunely, moving forward means leaving a lot of people behind. If people that you care about seem to start magically walking away from you during this journey, they have served their purpose and season in your life, and it is time to keep it pushing.
- When people try to help you: One of the perks about this journey is that all the people that walk away will be replaced with people there to help you reach your full potential. Its crazy the amount of support I get from people who I have never met versus people Ive known my entire life.
- When you’re scared: Change is scary, trying new things is scary, shit everything is scary lol. But push through, scary is actually good. It means your testing the waters, pushing your limits and becoming the cool ass person you were meant to be!
Does any of the above sound like your situation? If so, God has something great in store for you. So hang owt! Be tough! persevere, because it will all be worth it in the end.
Live each day with gratitude and joy while focusing your hope on the future and not the current situation. At the same time, enjoy the present and make the most of every situation. God is about to use what seems like a setback to propel us into our destiny at a greater level. The next few weeks are going to be interesting. Here is a prayer strategy you can use that will help you gain insight.
• God, reveal what promises are for now and what are for later (timing).
• God, show me what the enemy does not want me to see (discernment).
• God, allow me to be seen as You see me, not as the enemy wants me to be seen (favor).
• God, repay and release what was stolen and held back by the enemy (justice).
• God, show me how to practically respond (wisdom).
Do not give up. Keep your focus on what is ahead and forget the things that lie behind. Each day is a brand new day! – Doug Addision
Id love to hear from you!
Like, comment, subscribe, and follow me on social media!
Facebook: Cherise Floyd